Monday, December 22, 2014

On last making in 2014.......

I thought with my last post I'd be done posting things made in 2014 but I do have one more thing to share.  On Thanksgiving weekend when our eldest daughter and family were home, she and I stopped in my local quilt shop, Hannah Johnson's Fabric (a great modern fabric store if you are in the Duluth area!) and as we were perusing the shop my daughter spied a child size circle, twirl skirt and mentioned, "I know a little girl who'd love one of those!".  Well that's all it took.  A few minutes later we had the pattern by Love Jill (https://www.etsy.com/listing/127619430/lovejill-reversible-wrap-skirt-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_6) in hand along with fabric so that I could make a skirt for my grand daughter.

It's been awhile since I have sewn clothing.  I had to wrap my mind around the directions and there was more than one time where I thought,  "I do what!?!" or....."That will never work!?!"  I also got to try out for the first time the top stitching foot that came with my Juki.  Oh my word!  How much easier did that foot make top stitching!  The foot has a guide so the stitching is almost perfectly straight and the foot is broader than a normal foot so I think it holds the fabric down better as you are top stitching.  I also swear it had a kind of walking foot motion but that was probably my imagination.

My grand daughter's birthday is the 29th of December, so while everyone is  home for Christmas we will also be celebrating her birthday.  I've decided that this will be a part of her birthday present.  That being said I am sure it will totally be trumped by the Elsa costume I bought her as her 'toy' birthday present.  Lol!





No comments:

Post a Comment